- "No Old People in this FAMILY!" How Families can Prepare for Aging— EMOTIONALLY and FINANCIALLY"
- When Parents Age and Siblings Re-engage... It's a NEW FAMILY PASSAGE! Emotions, Relationships, Practicalities
- 50 and Beyond: Optimizing Health and Life Satisfaction
- Love After 50: New Stages, New Starts
- Boomers and Seniors: How to Deal with The New Multi-Generational Family
- Living and Thriving After Widowhood
For nearly a decade Francine Russo covered the boomer and aging beat for Time magazine.
She has developed an enthusiastic following writing for media like The Atlantic, The New York Times Magazine, Redbook, Family Circle, and The Village Voice.
New York Times Fellow at the International Longevity Center and ‘Who’s Who’ expert at the Sloan Work-Family Network.
-A Dynamic Speaker on Hot Boomer Topics
Author, Francine Russo has been much in demand as a keynote and workplace speaker especially since the publication of They’re Your Parents, Too! How Siblings Can Survive Their Parents’ Aging Without Driving Each Other Crazy. This first book to address the emotions of this new life-passage and the epidemic of family tensions among baby boomers has touched a nerve with boomer and senior readers and in the national media.
Francine Russo is a widely recognized journalist known for being among the first to spot developing trends, particularly in her own boomer generation. Keenly attuned to psychological themes, she has honed the intimate interview, drawing her subjects to discover and articulate their own deepest feelings—talents she mined in her appearances on Oprah and other venues. For nearly a decade Russo covered the boomer beat for Time magazine and established a popular niche, becoming Time magazine's boomer expert in her regularly featured "Ask Francine” column. She also developed an enthusiastic following with her articles in media like The Atlantic, The New York Times Magazine, Redbook, Family Circle, and The Village Voice, where she also was a theater critic for many years. She is a New York Times Fellow at the International Longevity Center and a ‘Who’s Who’ expert at the Sloan Work-Family Network. Dr. Russo (Ph.D., English) lives in Manhattan.
Available for Keynotes and Workshops
- Aging In America Conference
- 92Y Tribeca
- Jewish Home Lifecare
- DARTS Eldercare
- Young Presidents Organization, Kansas City, KS
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- National Association of Senior Move Managers
- North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System
- New York County Lawyers Association
- American Trust & Savings Bank, Dubuque, IA
- HIlls Bank and Trust Co., Iowa City, IA
- Family Caregiver Alliance, San Francisco
- Arden Courts, HCR-Manorcare Senior Living Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia
- Morningside Ministries San Antonio, TX
- Montana Gerontology Association Conference Butte, MT
- Atria Senior Living New York,NY
- First Citizens Bank, Mason, City, IA
- Farmers Trust & Savings Bank, Spencer, IA
- Alzheimer's Program Anniversary Conference, JCC, New Orleans, LA
- What's Next 50+and Beyond Summit
- Hudson Valley Home Matters Annual Conference, Hyde Park, NY
- Northern Plains Conference on Aging and Disability (NPCAD), Fargo, ND
- SPOP (Service Program for Older People), SkADDEN ARPS, NY
- Marshall, Parker & Associates'Annual Professional Update Wilkes-Barre,PA
- New England Center for Work & Family, December 8, 2010 Boston, MA
- BOOMERVISION, WHYY, Philadelphia
- Prince William Area Agency on Aging Manassas, VA
- Jewish Home Lifecare New York, NY
- Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center Sacramento, CA
“"I COULD HAVE LISTENED TO THE SPEAKER FOR HOURS!" That's what one of our AmeriClub members said about Francine's talk, “No Old People in our Family.” It was awesome! She held the audience captive for an hour of helpful, insightful and compassionate insights into the many challenges adult children face , delivered with such sincerity, personal knowledge and humor. It was one of the best programs I have had the privilege of attending in a long time.” Joan Gibson, AmeriClub Director, American Trust & Savings Bank, Dubuque, IA Iowa BANKS TOUR for Heritage and Senior Accounts April 16-19 2012.
“Francine Russo gave a polished and thought-provoking presentation to our ... attorneys and other members of our Wall Street community.” Ann Lesk, Esq., New York
“Francine is an engaging speaker who captured our attention with her energy and poignancy. Highly credible with a refreshing perspective” Beth Wiggens, DARTS, West St. Paul, MN
“A very poignant and powerful presentation. We have heard nothing but rave reviews ... and would like to arrange a repeat performance.” Harriet Rosenberg, Jewish Home Lifecare, New York